So it's been a little over a week now since arriving in Japan. I'm really starting to run out of ideas. The reading is good, I'm making a dent in the books I brought over and I've sampled all the food I missed: Ramen, Okonomiyaki, Takoyaki, Oden, Yakitori, Yakiniku....and have been wandering around with my SLR and running out of interesting things to shoot.
I hit the bars last weekend only to spend more than I had planned and didn't really have a crazy and wild time. On a Saturday night Club Copastic was practically empty.
Today was a painful trek to and around Shibuya to locate a sports store that would sell me an athletic ankle brace. After not being able to find the store I was looking for: QB Club which sells football gear and accidentally running into QB House which cuts hair; I found a outdoor sports and diving shop that sells everything from scuba gear, tennis stuff, camping gear, and running shoes and they happened to have athletic support braces. Foot feels much better now that it's wrapped in velcro and neoprene that cost almost 50 bucks! So far have not really been able to locate anyone of my friends from 4 years ago that I can shoot the breeze with over some drinks.
Found a bunch of junior environmental scientist type jobs in the west coast that I will be shooting CV's to later tonight after some editing. Then perhaps make initial contact with faculty members at the universities I plan to apply to for graduate studies.
I read someone else's blog a day ago that mentioned that his life had become boring and obtuse, until he randomly dropped everything and bought a motorcycle and found happiness. Sounds tempting either way.
I did see something very interesting today as I passed Don quixote in Shibuya. Remeber the boyfriend torso and arm pillow and the girlfriend thighs and legs pillow? Well now they are selling the hooker/stripper bare-ass pillow. It just keeps getting funier around here. The inside of the loins part looked very comfortable and supportive for your neck, think airline neck pillow. Ass cheecks looked comfy too! And no I did not buy one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Joelle and I will come and give you stuff to do!! I can't wait to hang out! :)
ReplyDelete