Meeting Shanon and Wes and the Micronesian Diver's association was great! I went from being an Open-Water diver all the way to Divemaster (should be done in a week!) and have begun the training to become an instructor. I've got my diver's lungs back too and am more comfortable in the water than I have ever been. I've met some really awesome people who love to dive spontaneously (I'm talking about you Kelsey!) Night diving is my new favorite way to pregame an evening of live music and good beer (The Boonie Dogs!)
Hopefully My boss Mr. Miyaji at Micronesian Air gets that new engine installed soon, we'll all pile into his Cessna for a long weekend of diving and exploring Saipan and or Rota.
I've just returned from 3 days of skiing my legs off in Shiga Kogen, Nagano and am back in Tokyo. In 12 hours I'll be on a plane headed back to Guam. Last week was hectic as I was spending the holidays with my extended family in New Jersey. Managed to meet up with my ex-Czech flight instructor Jozef for 30mins of white knuckle landings at my home strip N05. Also hit NYC with old friends from Tokyo: Mike and Brian for too much jagger and waking up in a strange apartment.
Got my dose of winter, now it's time to return to the endless summer of the island.
No comments:
Post a Comment