Translation: Ouch! (very!)
Just when I had got my workout down to a regular schedule; crunches, lifting, 30min run, I blow my ankle....again.
I had just gotten back into the running thing after spraining my left ankle in early July or was it late June? Regardless, I sprained it again. This time it wasn't as foolish as the first time when I managed to sprain it while running in the dark and stepping in a pothole. Instead I just happened on flat pavement near the 20min mark of the run in front of a parked delivery truck. The driver just looked at me and drove off without a care.
To add to the complications, I left my ace bandage in New Jersey, and they only have buffrin tablets in Japan, I have yet to find a store that sells ibuprofen or Tylenol. After some time spent icing while elevated and reading through the first 4 chapters of Tom Wolfe's "The Right Stuff," after the ice melted, I had to go out and find some sort of wrap. After trying a convenience store, a pharmacy, 2 shoe stores, I found a flimsy ankle bandage at the 100yen shop.
I really love Japan and Shimo-Kita but when the proverbial hits the fan sometimes you can't really find what you need to solve your problems. Such as Japan, I'll deal.
It's time to dig up the old AXA gym membership card and start swimming laps again. Haven't really done that in 4 years. Geneva is really not a great place for physical fitness unless during the summer and few fall months. The reason I'm looking for a graduate program that's located in a tropical or close to tropical climate.
I'm really bummed cause I was really getting the hang of running through crowds of wandering Japanese whose eyes were glued to their keitais (cell phones) instead of what was directly in front of them. Find a hole, go through it, find the next hole, go through that. It's even more fun on a bike! Nintendo should make a Wii game where you have to run, bike, or transport yourself through crowded Japanese streets. Better yet freestyle walking/running.
Currently I'm wasting my time blogging instead of reading or GRE-ing while listening to the Sound Stylistics: "Greasin' The Wheels" album which I finally forked over the 2,400yen for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment