So my two friends (tomodaches) Annica and Joelle from HWS who are studying abroad at JCMU in Hikone came to visit me in Tokyo. And if my memory is good, the story went something like this:
Day 1:
It's Friday and I rolled out of bed at the all too reasonable hour of 8AM. Needed to heat my recently sprained ankle for a good half hour. Read a couple of chapters of "A Random Walk Down Wall Street." Hours went by. Left Shimo at 3PM for Tokyo to pick Annica and Joelle up from the bullet train (shinkansen) terminal. Shimo to Shinjuku, change to JR, then Shinjuku to Tokyo station.
Arrived in a mass of people walking in all directions and proceeded to the shinkansen terminal. Difficulty began. I knew their arrival time, but we forgot to agree on an exit to meet at. So I spent a good hour pacing from all the shinkansen exits I could think of and was not able to locate them. Then I get paged in English over the station's intercom but couldn't understand the voice after it mentioned that Annica and Joelle were trying to get a hold of me. So I then paged them back. After a short while lingering at an information desk, a station master approached me and escorted me to the station office where everyone was.
To my surprise it wasn't just Annica and Joelle, there were 3 other gaijin with them. JCMU students. I took them back to shimo to drop off their stuff at my place, then dinner at a place called Copal. Copal used to be the Space Shower Brunch. Still same layout, half outdoor, indoor lounge type seating, western style food; pizza and burgers. A little bit on the expensive side however. After Copal we headed for some drinks at Junc de Cote Cote which I've mentioned in earlier posts. I didn't realize that the 3 JCMU students were under aged but that didn't really matter, it's very relaxed in Japan. Good atmosphere bathed in the red light, all in all a good time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I had so much fun hanging out with you, Bryan! Thanks for having us and showing us such a great time! Also, your pictures are amazing.
ReplyDeleteHey Doitash-mashte! (the romanji is prob wrong but oh well.) Speaking of pictures, how do you post them on the blog? I was thinking that it would bring some color to this space.
ReplyDeleteHope you guys are having a fun and productive time back at JCMU! I'm going to mail back Marshall's ring and the snoopy phone charm to you guys soon.