I haven't posted days 4 or 5. Will add those later.
The order of events:
Tokyo=>car=>airport=>airplane=>airport=>train=>car=>Hackettstown=>zombie =>wake up the next morning human once again.
The flight home was uneventful save for some movies and gin and tonics compliments of continental airlines. I wanted to see if I could stay awake the entire 13hrs watching movie after movie but fell asleep after Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian; The Proposal; The Ghosts of Girlfriends Past and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. I really liked the last one, I love psych. thrillers and unfunny Jim Carey is very good (Cable Guy?). Didn't get to watch some others that I hadn't seen: Minority Report and Good Will Hunting. I haven't seen a lot of movies having lived abroad all my life. Also would have been nice to re-watch A Beautiful Mind and Star Trek.
There happened to be two 'Shibuya-Girls' sitting a few rows in front of me who decided to walk to the space behind the back row and cabin wall and just stand there chatting in fake high pitched Japanese for a couple of hours obnoxiously. What more kinds of entertainment do you need sitting in a tin can 8 miles high, going 10 miles a minute?
So I'm back from Japan and now have moved into my new home (temporarily) in Hackettstown, NJ. It's nice to finally have a room large enough to organize all my belongings and not seem like I'm living on top of everything. It's still strange though since there's no outside noise or lights and I'm all alone in an insanely huge house with no furniture. I picked up a queen size airbed and am surprised at how comfortable it is. I guess anything is more comfortable than than dorm beds.
I haven't lived anyplace that has a yard let alone grass for over a decade now. So having vasts amounts of space going to take some getting used to. Deer just carelessly wander around the property like they do in Nara, Japan, albeit a little more skittish. I'm really enjoying the serenity. I still don't have internet so I'm actually sitting in Panera's in Princeton and stealing theirs.
I just applied to some new job listings: AECOM (environ. type stuff) in Honolulu. Enercon (more environ. type stuff) in Sacramento. indeed.com seems to have more new environmental job listings everyday. This is good as the market is on it's way back up. Hopefully they'll get back to me, Hawaii would be a really nice place to be right now. After re-watching the surf movie "Sprout" after and a half years, I'm longing for warm weather, beach and a longboard. Cali would be nice too.
Side note for investing: Buy stocks in paper companies. As the market goes up, consumer spending increases. Just about everything is packaged with some kind of paper product for protection. Also another thing to pay attention to is diversified stock indexes, mass market corporations like ebay, amazon.com and wal-mart. Metals and minerals, raw materials, resources are a good bet as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment