Confessions Online
"Confessions of a Long-Distance sailor" by P. Lutus.
A guitarist friend of mine from way back in jazz ensemble when I was in HS posted about reading this. It's the story about a man who(he invented Apple Writer) felt that most people lead very boring lives. He strives to do "something different" whenever things get too mundane. He tries to become a sailor; not an easy feat. Sounds like an adventure. This will give me another form of entertainment and dreaming material to pass the time trying to find myself.
Speaking of passing the time. It consists of submitting resumes and cover letters still. Still no replies but I'm sure it will change soon, it must. On top of that I managed to pull a 90% on a practice FAA airman written knowledge test. I'm getting somewhere, despite these dark and empty times.
Blast to the past: It's fall 2000, I had just moved to Japan from a 2 year stay in Hong Kong and thus began the nearly decade long journey to the most interesting place I've ever been. It was in Roen's homeroom however tough it was (I appreciate her now,) we were exposed to a lot of psych-thriller type material and psychedelic lyrics of the 60's and 70's. That was the first time I read T.S. Elliot, Dylan Thomas. I don't know why or how I can remember any of this. For a while it was horrible culture shock. Nothing quite like a humid and overcast fall afternoon studying with the windows open and hearing the faint cry of the yaki-mo (grilled sweet potato) vendor with his loudspeaker go by.
"I am a rock..."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment