Saturday, November 7, 2009

Changed my mind....

Went up solo today to practice ground reference maneuvers (S-turns over a road, circles about a point), steep turns, and stall recovery. I'm nailing altitude at last! Well withing the +/- 150ft margin. Took my new PCAS (portable collision avoidance system) along for the ride and was surprised at how will it was able to pick up other traffic. Of course It's just working off of other transponder equipped aircraft which is legally required withing the 30mile radius of the New York class B airspace. (Transponders, not the PCAS....) Whatever keeps me safe.

Then It was off to Allentown for my first GRE prep session with Kaplan. Learned some new tricks that are supposed to buy me more time by not thinking too much and getting the correct answers. Hope it works. Stopped in for some Hibachi next door at a place called "Ichiban's" (Number 1 in nihongo). It was worth it.

I rethought something I posted earlier. I'm staying friends no matter what. One has to grow from experience and I'm slowly making progress. And who knows what the future holds? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment