Been flying daily with instructors critiquing my maneuvers trying to stay within the practical test standards. It's a lot harder than it sounds. But I'm getting there. I'm going up again tomorrow to do it all again. The more I do this, the closer I will get to the check ride.
GRE prep begins this weekend in Allentown for 4 hours on sat and sun. I pick up my mother from Newark sat evening.
Other than that, I've been spending lots of time on the treadmill. I'm actually starting to enjoy it. (never thought this day would come.) I started last month just trying to run 2 miles a day at a pace that wouldn't hurt the left ankle after having used the pool, elliptical and stationary bike in Tokyo for about two weeks in Sept. Now I've been running 3 miles a day at a modest 6mph. Roughly 10 minute miles but I'm keeping within 75-80% of my VO2 max of 198. I've noticed that it's getting easier to run faster and farther. This evening I'm going to attempt to run 4 miles at close to 7mph. We'll see how that goes, may wind up turning the speed down to 6mph. Good news is I've lost more than 12lbs since July. My goal is to loose another 10lbs before I turn 23 in December. Maybe a little too optimistic but it's worth a shot. I'm also playing with free weights every other day and have been seeing some improvement there. Throw in crunches until it burns and that's pretty much my daily hour to hour and half workout.
I've adopted salmon and tuna as my primary protein intake in the form of lox bagels and chunk light in water. The rest is granola with Greek yogurt, raw veggies, and fresh fruit and unsalted nuts. It's pretty bland but I don't really care for once. I haven't really missed the bad stuff i.e: pizza, Mexican food, and all the other crap that you really shouldn't eat.
On the topic of job searching. Well I still haven't found one. I do get contacted every week by somebody at American Income Life where they want me to apply to a sales position but I'm really not interested so fuck em! I sent my resume to a contact I know in Singapore in hopes of swinging something for 6-9 months. And if that doesn't bear any fruit, then there's always teaching English in Vietnam. I missed spring in Vietnam when I studied abroad so I didn't get to witness Tet, the Vietnamese new year. Nothing can really happen until after Dec 1st when I take the GRE for the second time.
Singapore would be fun. Haven't been there since late '98. I've heard that it's changed a bit. I still remember the best and I do mean the absolute best Mexican restaurant in the world: Cha Cha Cha's in Holland Village. Not to mention great Malaysian satay and katupat (steamed rice cakes in pandan leaves) at Newton Circus. It's been too long I think. Hopefully Chin can get me a job or at least another contact.
Anyways got to run literally....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment