Friday, December 18, 2009

American Geographical Society.

the AGS website:http://www.amergeog.org/

I went to NYC today and had a short interview with AGS at their Wall St. office.  They really like me and offered me an internship which will start Jan 11 2010!  It's about time!  At least 10 weeks or more depending on how much we can stand each other.  Unpaid, but that's life.....plus this should impress admissions people.  To top it off, I found Prof. Magee's info. in what looked like a phonebook but of Geographers.  So now I have to decide if I want to commute an 1:30 mins 5 days a week and get a parking garage pass for Jersey City or maybe rent a studio in midtown.  $800-$1,000+ per month or gas, miles and stress?  We'll see.  I guess I can now say I have a job, sort of. 
I'm going to try this for 10 weeks and then see if I continue or just buy that one way ticket to Vietnam and teach english and tennis.....

No comments:

Post a Comment