UCSB app. is done. I mailed everything in. Now just have to wait. Now I have to modify the existing statment of purpose and personal acheivements to fit the other school's applications. Next couple on the list are U Hawai'i, UC Merced, UC Irvine, and more on the list saved on my desktop.
I contacted the American Geographical Society in NYC a few days ago inquiring about their internships. Turns out they accept interns year round and need help restoring their archives that date back to 1851. They like my curriculum-vitae and want me to come in and meed them this Friday afternoon. Good enough excuse for my to go to the city. If this works out, I will be interning for them for a minimum of 10 weeks, unpaid. I'm not too worried about the money at the moment (well I am but this beats nothing at all.) More GIS/cartography jobs have been popping up lately so I've applied to several in NJ and NY.
My repeat checkride has been rescheduled twice already since Tuesday. First to too low of a ceiling and IFR conditions, second (today) to too high winds. So rescheduled again for sat afternoon. Hopefully won't have to reschedule again. The plan is to take my new friend Martina and another friend in a 4 seater to go sightseeing over the Hudson and NYC.
Just bought 2 tickets to see John Mayer at Madison Square Garden Feb 26th! It's so far away but can't wait. I've wanted to go see JM since "Try!" came out in '05 or was it '06? An old friend of mine from HS in Japan might be joining me too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment