Monday, December 21, 2009

Welcome to the Z-Axis!

Most of us spend our lives in a two dimensional Cartesian plain.  X and Y.  Like pieces on a chess board; left, right, back and forth.  The z-axis is for the birds. Up.  I plan on spending the rest of my life (or as long as I can pass an FAA medical,) in all three of these axis.  This is truly how you enjoy all three dimensions! 

After almost 15 months of training, weather delays, 4 instructors, 3 different flight schools, 6 different aircraft, and 93 hours of total time; I passed my 2nd attempt at the checkride. (19 years dreaming, not to mention the $$$$'s) I did it!

Perfectly clear night, stars above, lights below, light turbulence but it was a high pressure system right after all that snow we got over the weekend. The examiner and I didn't want to reschedule again so he told me that the only times we could do the checkride were going to be  tonight (Dec. 21st) or x-mas morning(not going to happen.)  So the examiner flew into 47N in a twin Beechcraft King Air 90 that he is a charter pilot for during the day.  Jumped in the Cessna A152 Aerobat N4799A that I've been renting from Central Jersey Regional and we took off.  Short field takeoff, intercepted the Solberg VOR and flew to Solberg.  0.8 of an hour later I landed the plane and the examiner signed my logbook and handed me my temporary airman certificate.  The real license will be mailed to me shortly.  I am really really happy!


All of 2009 has pretty much sucked up until now.  I realized a dream and now I'm embarking on my next adventure.  Welcome to the z-axis!

No comments:

Post a Comment