With the tanked economy, not getting much luck with the job search, uncertainty of jury duty (which I was dismissed from fortunately), getting the run around from the NJDMV after driving for hours to get my brother a permit.....Bai ended what once was over the phone. (They always say phone breakups are the worst next to text messages.) I suppose it was going to happen sooner or later, still feel like the world is caving in on me but that's expected.
Other than that, had dinner with Joelle at PF Chang's in Marlton, NJ. Great tasting noodles and dim sum. We're both kind of in a similar situation. Overall life sucks.
Good news is I might have a diving job in Skaneateles if I can find a place to rent in the finger lakes that doesn't require a lease. Hopefully I'll find something. It's about time I saw a paycheck.
Did a house inspection of the new house my rents are buying to make sure all the systems work. So far no problems. Checked out the Hackettstown airport near where the house is and it seems alright well at least until I flew a short cross country from Princeton to there this afternoon. Very short sloped runway with obstacles at both ends, trees and power lines. Short field landings and takeoffs have a whole new meaning now, with 2 go-arounds and one aborted takeoff.
Test drove a Mazda MX-5 Miata that other day at a dealership in East Brunswick. Blue '06 model, convertible, stick shift. Very sporty, very small, very Jinba-Ittai experience. (Rider and horse as one in Japanese.) After transferring ownership of my VW hatchback to my brother for when he goes to college in the fall I'm definitely interested in the Miata. Though I need to test drive it's competitors: Honda S2000 and Pontiac Solstice.
All in all I'm upset with myself for letting this happen to me but there's nothing I can do about it and only in time will I start to feel better.
The pick-me-up for this evening was the left over dan-dan noodles from PF Chang's last night. Going to go lift some weights.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment