Friday, August 21, 2009

job hunting prospects...

I've decided that I'm no longer interested in Aflac. Just doesn't seem to fit me. First Investors 2nd interview was good. I think they like me but they didn't tell me that the pay was all commission based. That scares me because the guy interviewing me told me that sometimes he would go two weeks without making a single dollar. It seems with commission based sales jobs can either be really really great money or none at all and this kind of instability doesn't sit comfortably with me.

I got my 2nd rejection letter from Environ today. I've applied twice, and they said they don't have any spots and won't be filling any anytime soon. Funny because they have the position I was applying for listed as available on their website. So in short, fuck them!

Still waiting on a reply from another environmental firm that I came across on monster.com.

So what else is new? I'm slowly discovering Princeton, NJ. It's kinda fun here, nice bars, good restaurants oh and a photography store that will process my 6x6 medium format slide film which I shot wit a Holga in NYC last fall. Other than that, still constantly online looking for jobs. Thinking about signing up for a GRE course at Kaplan. For some reason I'm really feeling like I want to be in Hawaii at the University of Hawaii in Manoa.

No comments:

Post a Comment